Friday, 1 June 2018

A day in the life of a child in informal settlement





The like of a kids in an informal settlement

I woke up early in the morning .
It  was really cold I got out of bed I heard some drips from the roof( I wish this house could be more stable then it wouldn't leek).
I went and got drest into my school clothes. I really didn’t want to go school to day it is so cold !
I walked outside to go to the toilet .there is no doors on the toilets( I wish there is some privacy in this place).
There is no taps in the toilet so  my hands are always dirty .
I walked to school with cold sore feat  I sore some other kids with fancy cars going to school with their parents on the road (if my parents took me to school I would be so much better than walking to school)
When I got to school I sat at a desk next to 4 other kids it was really tight .
When I got home My mom asked me to get some water from the tap across the road (I wish there was water in the house ).
She gave me a bucket and I walked to the tap and got some water gave it to my mom .
I went and started my homework outside because there is no electricity in the house I got very cold.
When I was done my homework I went  into my room sate down on my bed and lay there till  diner was ready I was really hungry because I don’t get food for school.
When dinner was Done I went got into my pajamas and when to sleep on the wet and cold flore.
Throw the night I heard the storm and water going through the roof.
The next day I had to do the same thing I did before get out of bed.(I wish that my life could be more easy )

1 comment:

  1. You have described your environment with some good detail, Cheyne! You have identified well what would make your life easier. Just remember to write in paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete